Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Altenew Educator Certification Class - Colour Your Day

 So, I just finished the card class from Altenew called Colour Your Day and it was an awesome class.  There were several uses of colour that were explained in the class that lead you to more colour balanced cards that are visually pleasing.  I truly loved the triad colour wheel lesson and decided that would be my focus card for this class.

I chose the green, orange and purple triad in the colour wheel and watercolored some flowers to get a few different of the triad of colours.  I love the way it turned out.  There is so much texture and dimension to it and the white background really makes the flower colours stand out more dramatically.


I also did a card for each of the other classes to complete the course.  I really like doing a card or two for each class to really cement the techniques being presented.  Sometimes it is new information for me and sometimes it is just a refresher from an older technique that I have forgotten about.  Either way each class has me making at least 6 cards and I am sure gathering a nice collection.

The 70/20/10 proportion for colour blocking is a new technique for me.  I found that I have generally done that naturally, but did not know that is was an actual thing.  Now that I am aware of it, I have gone back and looked at some of my past projects and realized I do it quite often....who knew?
Anyway, thanks for looking and stay tuned for my cards from the next completed class...

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Fantabulous cards!!
Focus a bit on photo editing, Deena. Either the photos are cropped too close to the projects or the projects are cropped off. Work on the photo editing bit and you are gold!
Thank you for your submission to the AECP assignment gallery.