This is my second to last course in the Altenew Educator program for level 2. I am so excited that I am almost finished it and have had so much fun with it. This class was the Magical Marker Techniques by Sara Naumann. This first card was my favourite one of the class. It was using alcohol spray on an embossed metal paper coloured with shades of green ink. The technique was a new one for me and I am not sure if the effect worked the same as in the class but I do love the final effect on this paper. I did it in several layers as I could not get the ink to reactivate the same as in the class but the splatter effect and almost patina look really worked for me anyway.
This card used two marker techniques in combination with each other - brayers and vellum colouring. I loved the rainbow sunset look that I tried to mimic in the background of the card as well. I found I had to add a piece of white card stock behind the vellum image as it was getting lost on the background.
These two cards were using markers with stencils and rulers to try and make interesting backgrounds. I quite like the way they turned out. I went with a gradient of markers to make the poinsettia card and use the stencils to fill in the flowers and tried to make it a "watercolour" effect with rubbing alcohol. I didn't like it at first because it looked like the markers just ran into each other, but as it dried the card grew on me. I did a lined stencil background with a grey marker to soften up the intensity of the very bright flowers.
For this final card I used the dies to make a stencil of the leaves and then traced them onto the card stock for a loose doodled looking design. I am not good with freehand drawing and not a huge fan of my doodling so I was kind of skeptical of the what the end result would be. I added a little gold washi tape and some sequins to try to pull in the fall colours into the card and I quite liked the end result.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the cards I made from the inspiration of this class and it's techniques.










1 comment:
That first card is my favorite!!! Love all the other samples as well!
Thank you for submitting your fabulous work to the AECP assignment gallery.
Post a Comment