Friday, August 5, 2011

2011 365 #112 - book for my mother in law

 My mother in law is building a new house and asked me to come with her to pick out her colour samples, so I made her this book to keep all of her colours and swatches organized...the front is out of this cool vinyl paper that looks like leather...on the inside there are pocket pages after every room heading to keep bits and pieces and there are sticky dots in the envelope in the front so she can stick samples of fabric or carpet in the book on the pages she likes...

I am entering this in the following challenges:
The Crafty Purple Frog - anything but a card
Cooking it up with Katie - something old (the leather paper is from when I first started scrapping) - something new (the paper scraps and thickers) and technique (binding the book - haven't done that in ages and felt it was just time to start using that stuff up)
Crafts and me challenges - anything goes...I just discovered this blog and it looks interesting...so here goes!
The sisterhood of crafters - must be handmade - check!

10 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fabulous idea Deena! Great job! Thanks for joining in our 'Simply Homemade' challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
One of the 'Sistahs'

Katie said...

What a great gift, and so useful when building a new home!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Kristen H said...

Cool idea! I think we all need a dream home book! Thanks for sharing this!

CarlaKH said...

ohh that is too cool and handy too!

Diane Davies said...

Great idea - love it! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

crafty amy said...

What a great idea :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Carolina said...

Very lovely. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week

Rosemary said...

Oooh, I like this idea so much and how you've put it together. It will be the highest form of flattery when I totally "borrow" this idea! What a nice thing to do for your MIL!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

This is such a fab idea. Bet your mum was happy about it! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

tiggertastic said...

so creative, wonderful idea

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft