Sunday, June 3, 2012

2012 365 #120 - Josephine


The Opus Gluei challenge this week is "it is all relative" and what better time for a challenge like this to come along than when I had to make a Father's day gift for my father in law...just had to get it done a couple of weeks early and now I won't be rushing at the last minute...wahoozle...this is a picture of my husband's grandmother on his father's side. His dad had this picture of her, but it was folded in the middle (and all the colour had peeled off right across her cheeks and nose) and had some water damage on it so her face was hideous. My hubby has a friend at work who does wonders with photoshop or some other photo fixing software and he totally fixed this picture right up for us...you can't even tell any of the damage (and let me tell you, the picture was in really rough shape)...the difference is amazing. We got a few copies made and I did this page in a scrapbook shadow box for my father in law for father's day - rolled all sixty of those flowers myself too (not that he would even know that they were made out of paper)...thought he could hang it up, as this was his favorite picture of his mom and he was soo upset when the photo was damaged. Hope he likes it.  Come out and play with us this week...let's see what crazy relatives you have hiding in the closet and what you can do with them!!!

4 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Oh my gosh is this gorgeous! LOVE it! I cannot image doing all those flowers but the work is certainly worth it!

Rosemary said...

Well and truly a labor of love, this is wonderful, Deena. How lucky you are to have someone able to repair it. I intend to do something like that with some of the older photos in our family. I love how beautiful this layout is, you really honor her and your hubby's family by making this and it looks wonderful. I think those flowers are AMAZING, and I know from making my own that your fingers and hands are calling you all sorts of colorful names. But the effort was worth it - a brilliant layout!

Electra said...

I love the picture and the story behind it. And I love all your sixty flowers, I'm so impressed. Prima should hire you,
These are easily as nice as theirs!

Jana said...

What a wonderful thing to do for your FIL. Those rolled up flowers are amazing. I love this shadow box creation. You have given him a wonderful gift.