The challenge for Shopping our Stash this week is to use a technique you have always wanted to try or one that you have forgotten about...as we were discussing ideas on the design team, the topic of Washi tape had come up between Carla and myself...she tried out a technique and didn't like her results and changed her mind on her card technique...so I swooped in and decided to do it myself...I had learned a quick tutorial of it at a crop and decided to give it a go...I used 5 colours of tissue paper and stamped on it and then made co-ordinating flowers out of the same tissue...I haven't made tissue flowers in a while either...used up some ancient Basic Grey brads that I just "had to have" about 3 years ago....and a virgin stamp set with heat embossing...another forgotten technique...think I got them all in there...why don't you play along this week so we can see some other new techniques...
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
2012 365 #145 - forgotten techniques
The challenge for Shopping our Stash this week is to use a technique you have always wanted to try or one that you have forgotten about...as we were discussing ideas on the design team, the topic of Washi tape had come up between Carla and myself...she tried out a technique and didn't like her results and changed her mind on her card technique...so I swooped in and decided to do it myself...I had learned a quick tutorial of it at a crop and decided to give it a go...I used 5 colours of tissue paper and stamped on it and then made co-ordinating flowers out of the same tissue...I haven't made tissue flowers in a while either...used up some ancient Basic Grey brads that I just "had to have" about 3 years ago....and a virgin stamp set with heat embossing...another forgotten technique...think I got them all in there...why don't you play along this week so we can see some other new techniques...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
This came out so nicely! I love the washi tape you made- sooo much better than my failed attempt!
Love the tape you made! Cute card with flowers to match the strips of tape.
oh ♥WOW♥ what a great idea and it means that not only does everything coordinate brilliantly, you can have as many strips of tape as you do colors of tissue! you are (as always) BRILLIANT, missus! love it! ♥
I love how your washi tape came out! So cool to have the flowers go with - there are so many techniques I want to try now...washi is definitely on there!
Deena - This is such a pretty card! I love how the flowers match the tapes. So pretty.....just glad I'm not 60 yet ;)
Blessings,
Michelle
Now you're making me want to try to make some washi! Beautiful card and the flowers are so gorgeous!
Lynn
You always make simple so pretty, Deena!
I'm back. Will you please email me at vegginout1@shaw.ca. I want to talk to you! Thanks, girlfriend.
Great idea, great technique, and an even greater card as a result! Love that washi tape!
This is awesome! I love your handmade washi and the matching flowers are lovely! Wonderful card!!
Wow you certainly put your techniques to fabulous use, Deena. This is a really pretty card..
formidavel recordar técnica!
Post a Comment