Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2012 365 #152 - oh crappy day



The challenge this week at Shopping our Stash is to use embossing (either wet or dry) in some way...I embossed this co'ordinations paper and then sanded it down a little for some texture...then I inked it with distress inks on the raised squares for some contrast...I loved this stamp the moment I saw it and had to have it...so many uses for that phrase...and the toilet paper roll is a perfect combo...let's see what embossing skills you have this week!

11 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Oh my goodness...where did you get that stamp? I LOVE IT!! Your card made me chuckle first thing this morning! lol!

paige said...

I LOVE this card! Who makes the stamp and sentiment? - It is a "must have"!

Deena said...

it is a Unity Stamp....I am loving those stamps...

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Deena - This card made me smile!! I'm with the other ladies, I made need to add that sentiment to my stash ;) Love the embossing folder you used. And the embellishments (its not burlap...) look great!
Blessings,
Michelle

jimlynn said...

I'm REALLY needing that image! Too fun and cute. Love the sanded look on the embossing too.
Lynn

CarlaKH said...

So cute! I love the background too!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hi Deena, Your title caught my attention and then your card made me laugh.
I have this stamp for sale at my studio and the other day a customer came in all excited and announced she was engaged after a long getting to know you. She picked up the stamp and said we are going to use this for our Thank You's. I looked at her puzzled and she started to laugh - my married name you see will be "Crap"

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! do you mean the sentiment and the toilet roll were not a SET??!?!? holy WOW! you are--in addition to being a great stamper, colorer (is too a word!) and cardmaker-- a great stamp SHOPPER too!!! ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ this awesomely silly and FAB card!!!!!! :) :) :)

ScrappySandie said...

Cute, funny card, Deena! But it also LOOKS great! Love the sanded background!
Sandie

Margaret said...

That image and sentiment are so FUN!! This is sure to put a smile on someone's face no matter how bad the day was! Awesome card!

Electra said...

That is an unbelievable stamp, Deena. I can think of so many uses for it, but none would be a cool as this card is.