Saturday, September 22, 2012

2012 365 #158 "Iceberg dead ahead"

This week's challenge at the Opus Gluei is to use a sketch and add some layers.  I love sketches, in fact, I think I am a sketch-a-holic...I don't know what makes them so addicting but I just love them - we are allowed to pick our own sketches this time around, but picking your own sketch to do is more difficult than being given one...I think I must like being told what to do because it was hard to pick a sketch - especially to add layers to it too...But I think I achieved the "layered look" with this project...in some areas I am 7 layers of paper thick...in most I am at least 4...the sketch is from Scrapbooks Etc. magazine....come on out and show us what you've got!

4 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Love this layout! The colors are fabulous and that sketch is too!

Electra said...

My goodness, there is a lot going on in that sketch! I love how you have interpreted it, and used "ice cream" colours. Get it? ICE cream? haha

Rosemary said...

I'm not as witty as Electra, but I do love your version of this sketch, it really captures the feeling you were looking for and is (as always) terrifically done!

I love sketches too, they help me move past the creative hump quite often - and get the idea in my head onto paper!

Margaret said...

Fabulous page! The picture is amazing and your papers are fantastic with it! Love all of the various shapes layered up!