Monday, April 5, 2021

Altenew Educator Level 2 -In the mood for colour

 

This class is exactly what its name sounds like...colour.  I loved everything about the challenge of making these cards in the predominant colour of each topic.  I tried to keep as much of each card in the colour of the class as I could to the point of overwhelming monochromatic, but I think most of them worked out quiet well.  I love the sky and tent on this card and I think I will be making more of these ones in the future.  I have a feeling they will make good masculine birthday type cards with a few tweaks.
I tried to embrace a romantic feel with this card with the lacy border and the doily.  This was my first use of this particular stamp and I am absolutely in love with it.  The black dotted shading on this stamp is just dreamy.
I love the ombre look for the trees and the sky in opposite types of green for this card.  I turned out super fun in the end and I quite like how the progressions of the ombre look like layers to give it some depth.  I also love the little stars and splatters in they sky.  It is a similar effect to the blue tent card but looks completely different even though the technique is the same.

This yellow card is a little too much in my mind but was fun to make.  There are so many layers in the flowers and there is some lattice washi tape underneath all of them that I sprayed with shimmer spray but it is hard to see.  I used the same effect under the HI but it kind of disappears under the flowers.

I really love this pink card.  It is one of my favourites and I will for sure be doing this again and again for other projects.  I did the ombre effect again on a larger panel than my card front and then I cut out the leaves upside down on the ink blended paper.  I flipped it right side up to glue it to the card so that the blending matched but went in the opposite direction.  I love the look of the light on the dark and the dark on the light.
I was on a blending rampage by the time I got to the orange card so I kept it going to make it look like a sun setting summer sky.  I took the foliage stamp and tried to make it look more like trees in the distance than just leafy flower foliage.
The final bonus card is my favourite from the class though.  This stamp set showed up at just the perfect time to make a rainbow stack of books.  I masked off all of the books into piles to make it look like she has a ton of books to get through.  Then I added the rainbow to the book she is reading to continue on the rainbow theme.  I just knew I had to have this stamp set the day it came out as that little girl reminds me so much of what my daughter looked like when she was younger and she always had a book in front of her  nose.  





1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Eeek!! Look at all those colourful cards!! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery!