Sunday, February 21, 2010

Project 365 #35 - Monotone Monster

Here is my little monster (had to buy this stamp in Stonewall last week) that I coloured in with the copic markers. I am not normally a monotone person for cards, but my daughter Lauren was looking in the markers and said "Mom, you never use purple in your cards - can I have these Copics if you aren't ever going to use them?" I laughed hysterically and started to use purple, so she doesn't try to secretly remove them from my stash...anyone who knows her, knows what I am talking about ;)
I am entering this card for three different challenges:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 57:http://kgiron.blogspot.com/
Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Challenge 47 - use the cupcakes as inspiration - purple and buttons and a monster who would love to devour them! :http://hopestampseternal.blogspot.com/
52 Card Pick up - something from a different perspective - I think it would qualify with that saying:http://fifty-twocardpickup.blogspot.com/
Crafty Cardmakers - Analogous card :http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/
Thanks for looking...365 is still going strong - join in the challenge with me if you like!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Great card. The monotone really works here. Thanks for playing along with Hope Stamps Eternal.

Rachel Hope said...

FUN!!!! LOL on using Purple to save your Copics, I would Definitely do the same!!! :) Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Teresa Kline said...

great job on combining all the challenges, so adorable...have a wonderful day! *~*

Karen Giron said...

I love how you combined the challenges! The purples are perfect for this little dragon!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Hilarious...your daughter using "reverse psychology" on you! That dragon is perfect in purple. I expect to be seeing very colourful designs now, so dd doesn't decide you don't need them all LOL!

Sue said...

Thank you for a great light-hearted take on the challenge! I love this monochromatic, totally fun creation - adorable, and made me laugh!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is super cute!

Tina said...

*LoL* What a cute little fellow! Although, purple monsters do always make me think of The Flying Purple People Eater. Ha!
I especially enjoyed the sentiment you chose for this one. Very nice!
And I agree, a great twist on the challenge of perspective. Quite creative!

Unknown said...

This is spot on, love it all, the colours are fab and the monster is so sweet lol - buy a lock to stop your daughter lol, thanks for playing with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What a cutie-patootie dragon! Beautiful job coloring the purple guy. Good luck holding on to your purple copics. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is a great card...I love the image and the way you put the card together...
Fab job

Thanks for joining us at Crafty cardmakers this week
x
Vicky

Kelli said...

super cute!!

Vixykins said...

This is too cute, what a lovely creation. Thank You for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x