Sunday, May 20, 2012

2012 365 #115 - Sew What???

This week at the Opus Gluei the Poohbahs have us sewing...I am not a good sewer, but I do love the effect...so I tried...no straight stitching on this card, but I still like the effect that it came out with...the end of school and dance are coming up and I need tons of thank you cards, so this will be the start of the pile...just must make sure not to give this one the a sewing teacher ;)  play along, won't you??

9 comments:

Nicole said...

your card looks great! did you use sewing machine or hand stitch...

Heather said...

the card turned out great. it kind of reminds me of those kits I used to buy for you guys when you were little, where you just sewed through the holes. love the pattern.

Patrice said...

Wow - that's some complicated sewing! I'd give you an A+!!

Gini said...

That is a lot of hard to do sewing on that card Deena, i think it looks great!
My sewing machine has a cheat button that means you can slow the speed on the needle right down to dead slow and it won't go any faster no matter how much pressure you put on the foot pedal, I would really struggle if I couldn't sew dead slow this way!!!!
I also notice that your doing really well on your 2012 goal list, go Deena!!!
Gini
xx

Electra said...

How PERFECT is this card!? Who cares if you don't sew, you don't need to, this is SEW special! Besides, this is much harder than sewing a straight line.

paige said...

Wow! This card is sew fabulous! Sorry, couldn't resist! I'm impressed with the sewing, but also with the layout!

Kristen H said...

This is gorgeous! I wish I could quilt. My mom makes beautiful quilts. I don't have the patience for sewing. I guess I don't really want to do it then....

Great card!

Thanks for the graduation shout out!

Electra said...

"Loving the Birds"???? Are you on some kind of powerful medication, Deena? lolol

lauren bergold said...

oof! i have to learn to ZIG ZAG on my machine... just so i can do THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!