This week's challenge at Shopping our Stash is Monochromatic...for those of you who have never done a monochromatic card - the idea is to do a card in different tones of one colour on the colour wheel and a neutral or two are allowed....but the only "colour" should be your one choice...this is a really hard challenge for me...I very seldom buy one coloured papers...they usually all have an alternating colour in them...these were all from my scrap bucket, so it worked out great for a green card....inside the card reads "put on your big girl panties and deal with it". Love this alien/monster set...it had 14 stamps and was super cheap when we went down to Fargo last...couldn't resist...the corrugated paper, however is about 10 years old or so....and I coloured the pearls with my copics just to make them match the green theme...come on out and let us see what you can do...in just one colour of course!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
2012 365 #143 - Monochromatic martians
This week's challenge at Shopping our Stash is Monochromatic...for those of you who have never done a monochromatic card - the idea is to do a card in different tones of one colour on the colour wheel and a neutral or two are allowed....but the only "colour" should be your one choice...this is a really hard challenge for me...I very seldom buy one coloured papers...they usually all have an alternating colour in them...these were all from my scrap bucket, so it worked out great for a green card....inside the card reads "put on your big girl panties and deal with it". Love this alien/monster set...it had 14 stamps and was super cheap when we went down to Fargo last...couldn't resist...the corrugated paper, however is about 10 years old or so....and I coloured the pearls with my copics just to make them match the green theme...come on out and let us see what you can do...in just one colour of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Love the sentiment - and those monsters!
Love those little creatures!! colours work so well too.
Just popping over to say hi - I'm Julia from ABAC and I look forward to working with you.
Julia
those monstas soooooooooooo totally ♥ROCK♥ and of course the brilliant way you color them is a biiiiig part of that, you really are AWESOME at that, amongst MANY other things, missus! :)
I love your card! And can't wait to get to get to know you and the ladies over at ABAC!
MONSTAS!!! Sweet. And I love green, so this is a WIN in my world! :D
Hi Deena,
I am totally into aliens and funky critters right now. Imagine what they might find on Mars!
The image and sentiment you used has plenty of intention.
I most defintely have my big girl panties on, along with a few more layers cause it's cold here tonight. I am saying hi from ABAC and am now a new follower too!
Julie
Way too cute, deena!
This card is most adorable! Love those monsters!
Love the monsters! I always seem to be drawn to them myself.great monochromatic card!
cute little monsters - they look great in green!
I love the greens of this!
What a cute card! Love all that lime green...
Oh, I love all of the green! Perfect color choice for your martians!! Such a fun card and I love the sentiment!!
I LOVE THIS CARD and it looks really cool. (the sentiment is fun and cheeky, gotta love that too)
Post a Comment