Sunday, August 12, 2012

2012 365 #144 -red hot

I found this Opus Gluei challenge super hard...I never work in just one colour and I find red one of the hardest...but here is my attempt (had to have a little green in the centre of the flower, but otherwise I "followed the rules"...not quite sure if this is too summery for a Christmas card or what yet, but I will have to find a use for it somewhere....let's see your Red Hot Creations!!!

8 comments:

Patrice said...

Love that big red flower!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your card would be perfect for Down Under where CHristmas Day is usually a scorcher. I think your nailed your red challenge perfectly. Love the touchy feeliness of felt.

Electra said...

You can be merry in the summer, in the fall, in the spring and in the winter. I think it's lovely!

Julia S-W said...

I like your contemporary take on Christmas and that felt flower is divine.
Julia

Rosemary said...

I like this clean, fresh looking style - and I agree with a previous comment, this would be ideal as a Christmas greeting for someone in a warmer climate.

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your big red felt flower and the way you set it against the red plaid banners. I think I broke a lot more rules than you in this challenge. :-} Blessings!

Margaret said...

I think you did a fabulous job with the red challenge! The banners look wonderful with that fantastic felt flower! I'm in agreement with the others-would be a great Christmas card for warmer temperatures or just a 'be happy' card!

Yvonne said...

Superb card, Deena!