Sunday, August 26, 2012

2012 365 #148 - me and my camera

This week's Opus Gluei Challenge is "Me and my camera"...I love taking tons of pictures when we go on vacation (there were more than 2500 taken when we went to Alaska - however the trip did take 10 days so that is really only averaging 250 per day or 10 and hour or so - not too ridiculous when you think of all the things to see there). I took this picture of my mom and my daughter on our Alaskan Cruise during disembarkment. (I snuck in behind the pro photographer and snapped this pic)...my mom saw it for sale in the lobby after the first night and went to buy it...then it went missing and no one could find it...she was so disappointed cuz it was a great picture and when we got home and I developed mine, there it was!  So this page had to get made!  I did the circle inking with Tim Holtz inks and then splattered mists around in similar colours for some fun on the whitespace...

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh Deena, so glad you saved the day with having this photo - it really is a wonderful one! Your layout is splendid, I love the touches you've added with the color effects, it makes for such a happy feel!

Electra said...

I love what you have done in the whitespace-and I'm positive the scrapbook-fairy hid your photo on-board. What a lively photograph, one you will treaasure!!

Smok said...

You have a nice blog. Keep it up!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

How lucky for you to have this lovely momento for your mum and daughter! A very pretty layout.

Deborah Verhoeven said...

That is fabulous! I love the colors!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! I love the splatters!! I don't think you went crazy on the pictures at all! We had over 80 completed pages for our Disney trip and that was only 5 days!!

Heather said...

Your Mom is so cute, and so is your daughter. It's easy to see they are related. what a couple of lookers........

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Beautiful!