Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2012 365 #149 - my favorite things

This weeks challenge at Shopping our Stash is "my favorite things" and this challenge was a snap for me (well, not really cuz there are just soooo many favorite things)...by far, my favorite paper is Chatterbox and I will have you all know that two brand new pieces of paper were sacrificed to make this card ***gasp*** - have been working with the scraps for ages, but broke out two new ones for these cards! I bought the hot air balloon dies yesterday (because I just can't resist dies - another of my favorite things- and they looked so cute with the clouds I bought last time I was at my LSS) so they are new stash and not old - the paper balances it out because it has been hoarded over 6 years...another favorite thing is making multiple cards quickly and I did two of these ones (maybe more coming though cuz they were super quick and easy)...oh and Tim Holtz distress inks are also fun and a necessity...wow there are lots of favorites for me...let's see what you so love and what you can do with it to complete some more projects!

****EDIT HERE*** :) CARLA WHO RUNS THE SOS BLOG IS ALSO STARTING UP A NEW CHALLENGE BLOG CALLED ANYTHING BUT A CARD (ABAC) WHICH FOLLOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE TITLE IS...SO IF YOU ARE A SCRAPPER, AND ALTERER, OR SOMEONE WHO JUST MAKES STUFF OUT OF THINGS THAT DON'T END UP BEING CARDS, THIS IS THE CHALLENGE FOR YOU!!!  SHE IS ALSO OFFERING SOME BLOG CANDY, SO CHECK IT OUT!!!  TO WIN CANDY, LEAVE A COMMENT AT ABAC AND FOLLOW ALONG!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIRST CHALLENGE!!!  SEE YOU THERE!!!

9 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Love these! Those balloons are too cute! Yay for using your 6 year old paper!

Alica said...

Love your cards - great papers on the balloons and I love the cloud die too!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh! these are AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME! the balloon dies are ♥FAB♥ (& the clouds, too!) and i just totally love the way you've used them! go make more! go make more!!! ♥♥♥

jimlynn said...

Love!!! Those balloon dies (and clouds) are wonderful. Really like that patterned paper too! Fabulous card!!
Lynn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

love this!! That sky looks like the beautiful sky outside my window today. That is a great die. And I love the sentiment. What a great font!
Blessings,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love your clouds and your papers are delightful.

Jessi Fogan said...

EEk! Cutting into hoarded whole pieces of paper? Brave girl :) Love the patterns you used for the balloons - super sweet & fun!

KatheD said...

Hot air balloons and paper piecing are two of my favorite things, so your card caught my eye immediately (maybe my card is all planned?) - your favorites worked up into a great card!

Margaret said...

Oh, those balloons are wonderful! This is such a serene and beautiful card! Great display of your favorite things!!