Happy birthday MOM....sixty...yikes...I made this card for my mom's birthday this week...I already gave it to her, so I can post it now...I am going to enter it in the Paper Sundaes celebrate challenge, cuz it is definitely a celebration...
3 comments:
Nicole
said...
really nice card! my mom also turns 60 this week... i need to get to work on a card soon!
i am with electra--i would NOT have thought of roses there (OR the doily) & yet those are my very FAVORITE parts of this entirely lovely greeting and they really emphasize the "fancy birthday cake" theme in a fabbbbbbbulous way! happy b to your mom, tho i have to say... 60 is seeming younger and younger to me, lol!!! (my husband is 51, so it's definitely "on the horizon" in these parts!!!) :) :) :)
re sewing on thickers... (sorry, i couldn't find an addy to email, so you're gettin' it as a comment!) :) ...i find it essential, particularly w/the chip ones, b/c you just cannot COUNT ON THEM to stay on otherwise!!! bear in mind, my machine is my late grandmother's 70's era kenmore & i hardly ever use it on fabric, plus i go thru heavy duty needles quite quickly--they gunk up & occasionally even snap! i hand crank slowly & try to hit the center of the widest bit of each letter at least once. it's not hard, just fiddly; & as a bonus i quite like how it *LOOKS* but yeah, you guessed it, it's a "solution" rather than a design element most times! :) :) :)
I have a husband and two gorgeous girls. I am completely addicted to scrapbooking, card making and paper crafts in general. I have been doing projects since I could hold a pair of scissors and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Now my girls are becoming addicted to it as well....
3 comments:
really nice card! my mom also turns 60 this week... i need to get to work on a card soon!
I never would have thought of using the roses the way you did. Hey, can I tell you when I turn sixty? :-)))
i am with electra--i would NOT have thought of roses there (OR the doily) & yet those are my very FAVORITE parts of this entirely lovely greeting and they really emphasize the "fancy birthday cake" theme in a fabbbbbbbulous way! happy b to your mom, tho i have to say... 60 is seeming younger and younger to me, lol!!! (my husband is 51, so it's definitely "on the horizon" in these parts!!!) :) :) :)
re sewing on thickers... (sorry, i couldn't find an addy to email, so you're gettin' it as a comment!) :) ...i find it essential, particularly w/the chip ones, b/c you just cannot COUNT ON THEM to stay on otherwise!!! bear in mind, my machine is my late grandmother's 70's era kenmore & i hardly ever use it on fabric, plus i go thru heavy duty needles quite quickly--they gunk up & occasionally even snap! i hand crank slowly & try to hit the center of the widest bit of each letter at least once. it's not hard, just fiddly; & as a bonus i quite like how it *LOOKS* but yeah, you guessed it, it's a "solution" rather than a design element most times! :) :) :)
Post a Comment