Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SOS challenge 18 - no colouring - 2011 365 #130

Happy birthday to me (yippee)...This is my attempt for the no colouring challenge over at Shopping our Stash this week...as soon as the girls issued the challenge not to colour, that was all I could think of doing...which is funny because quite a few of my recent projects haven't had any colouring on them...I am like a little kid when it comes to crafting...if you tell me no, that is all I can think of doing...so I switched it up and started inking everything....this also caused me to become a super huge fan of the Tim Holtz distressing inks...they were soooo  much fun to use...I cut this doily out from my Cindy Loo cricut cartridge...I only bought this cartridge because I liked the name...not because I liked any of the images, so I felt I should at least open it for this challenge...otherwise I should be ashamed that I bought it...the cut outs all started white and I filled them in with distress inks to get the desired shading...just inked the bird too, put on some crystal effects and glitter...I even decorated the inside to go with the outside to finish it off just that much more and that's all she wrote!  So put down your crayons and your pencils and come over to join us at Shopping our Stash this week...




I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
 Crafts 4 Eternity recipe challenge: leaves, birds and glitter...check, check, check!
Just us Girls: Aqua, Pumpkin and Kiwi....plus I have a little brown mixed in with all the oranges, but I am entering it still because I also made the bird beak pumpkin...
Stampy Land Challenge - decorate inside and out...check!

10 comments:

Michele Spera said...

Adorable card you've come up with:-) I love the bird:-)Thank you for joining us at C4E
Hugs
Michele S.

pinky said...

Its just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Danni said...

Love this!! Especially the way you did the bird! Wonderful job!

Kimberly said...

WHAT!!! no coloring...that's a sin i'm sure..ha ha. But WOW this is one amazing design...super elegant and lovely..tfs
www.justwordz.ca

CarlaKH said...

I just love this.. distress inks rock! So pretty!

Mimi said...

What a great looking card! I love how you distressed it! I'm glad you were in the Scrapy land challenge this week! Mimi :)

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Liz said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at C4E !
Liz

Elise said...

Oh, OH, oh, ohhhhhhhhhhh! THIS card makes my heart SKIP a beat...! Or two, or three! THIS is positively SUCH fun and spectacular use of the Just Us Girls Colors - GOODNESS! I love, love,love me a good peek-a-boo window and THIS one is stellar! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your jaw-dropping work with Just Us Girls! xoxo!

Stampy Land said...

oh Deena what a lovely card! I LOVE how you used the die-cut shape TWICE, to fulfill the inside and outside challenge! Great job - and the colors you used are stunning! Thanks for playing along this week! ---Stampy Land Susan