Sunday, November 25, 2012

2012 365 #183 - just beachy

phew, I didn't think I was going to be able to get a project done for this week's challenge at Anything But A Card, but here it is...things have been so crazy and when I went in to check out what the challenge was, the beach theme just floored me...then I remembered I had these coasters lying around (that were supposed to be used for Christmas last year) - and I love this stamp set so it was a perfect match!
Tried out my new spectrum noir markers on this project...still not sure if I like them as much as my copics, but the colours are way more intense, which gives it all a different kind of look...don't like that they re-activate the memento ink and make it spread...anyone have any suggestions on base ink to use for this type of marker? I don't have that problem with the copic markers??? I thought they were the same kind of ink, but I guess not??

5 comments:

CarlaKH said...

How gorgeous are these! Love those sweet images! I am no help with the marker/ink issue. :( Great project!

Julia S-W said...

Your coasters look really fab! I love the stamped images. I don't know much about markers so I'm no help I suppose. It must be the alcohol in the pens reacting with ink. Think I'd try an archival ink such as the Ranger one perhaps? I know they don't react with alcohol inks.
Enjoy your Sunday.
Juliax

mark gould said...

I love how clean and elegant these are, beautiful colours and stamps,
Like Julia said, try archival or even stayzon. May need to leave the ink over night to go off propperly or I guess you could use black embossing powder for images like this?
great make.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your coasters are so sweet, Deena. The images perfect for beach and summer!
Perhaps with the markers you could contact the manufacturers and ask for their recommendations?

Cindy van Oorschot said...

These are really nice coasters. I'm not sure what kind of ink either, but you might want to try the Stazon, and see if it will work, seems to work with most anything.