Tuesday, November 8, 2011

SOS challenge #25 - 2011 365 #171 - deepest sympathy

This week's challenge at Shopping our Stash is to use chipboard or rubons or stickers - you know the ones you have been hoarding and afraid to use cuz you can't get more...but guess what people?  Rubons don't work once they get old...they just stop sticking...so pull em out and use them up.  I made these cards for my best peep Lorie and for her cousin Cheryl.  One of the members of our stamp club that we have been in over the years (Raquel) passed away on Friday.  She was 35 and had a loving husband and 3 year old twins - she was also Lorie's cousin and Cheryl's sister in law...a very sad week...thank goodness for having a stash of stuff to whip out some cards for this horrendous occasion...stash is not always a bad thing...but use some of it...unfortunately this is a huge joke amongst our stamp club which brings me back to the sadness of this post.... come and join us in this challenge and use up some of your stuff, won't you?
I also followed the sketch for this week from Let's Capture These Sketches...they have some wonderful sketches to follow...check them out!

4 comments:

Danni said...

Sorry for the occasion but wonderful cards!

CarlaKH said...

Lovely cards.... such a sad occassion though :(

pierides said...

I love how you interpreted the sketch. Beautiful card. I am so sorry it was for such a sad occasion.

paige said...

So sorry about the occasion, but beautiful cards.