"what was I thinking" - this week's Shopping our Stash Challenge - would probably be more relevant this week in real life than card making life- my youngest finally suckered me into getting a puppy...I held my "absolutely not" ground for 9+ years...but finally caved on Friday night and now we have a cute little buddy in our house! As for my card, there are so many "what was I thinking" elements in my craft area that I really didn't know where to begin...I am a sucker for any and all dies for the diecut machines...and I mean all of them....however, the ones on this card had never touched paper, so I decided to try them out...then there was the bucket of prima flowers that I hit up...had to have them (back in 2009 - paid full price too...and just cracked them open tonight)...the rubon was super old too...in fact, so old that most of them were stuck to their protective sheet and just don't work anymore...time to use this stuff up!!! Let's see what type of stuff you got sucked into getting and what you can create with it...
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
2012 365 #142 - what was I thinking?
"what was I thinking" - this week's Shopping our Stash Challenge - would probably be more relevant this week in real life than card making life- my youngest finally suckered me into getting a puppy...I held my "absolutely not" ground for 9+ years...but finally caved on Friday night and now we have a cute little buddy in our house! As for my card, there are so many "what was I thinking" elements in my craft area that I really didn't know where to begin...I am a sucker for any and all dies for the diecut machines...and I mean all of them....however, the ones on this card had never touched paper, so I decided to try them out...then there was the bucket of prima flowers that I hit up...had to have them (back in 2009 - paid full price too...and just cracked them open tonight)...the rubon was super old too...in fact, so old that most of them were stuck to their protective sheet and just don't work anymore...time to use this stuff up!!! Let's see what type of stuff you got sucked into getting and what you can create with it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I have the window and shutter dies, too. Used 'em once. Ineed a 12-step program.
Note to self: rummage through old rub-ons and purge.
Cute card, Deena! I have a tub full of those old MM rub-ons, and some are ruined with age. And I hardly ever touch my primes too; and my stash of Queen & Co. flowers are definitely a WWIT item :)
Love your window and shutters!!!
LOVE this die - the window and shutters are just so cute and those curtains are the best! PRETTY flowers too. LOVE this card!
Can't wait to see pics of the new puppy now!!
Lynn
I could have written this post - well except for the puppy, although I keep asking DH if we can get one...I digress...it's dies and rub ons and flowers that sound like me Your card is adorable - I see a die I need!
Man I wish I had that shutter die! I love it! I have the window and box. Gorgeous card and congrats on the new puppy!
A beautiful card I like your window treatment. Vee xx
this card turned out really nice, it would be perfect for a house warming.
you realize, of course, that having opened all of that stuff and used it UTTERLY BRILLIANTLY the very first time kind of validates the fact that you DID need it, and makes the "what was i thinking" a bit of a non-issue!!! on the other hand, this is such a ♥DELIGHTFULLY HAPPY♥ card... i'm willing to overlook that, lol... :) :) :)
as for the PUPPY, on the other hand... :) :) :) it is not just a coincidence that the cutest creatures in the world (babies, puppies, kittens, etc) are also the ones that pee on every horizontal surface in one's house... and some of the vertical ones... but then they ARE the cutest in the world so we get over it!!!!! ♥♥♥
Love your window card - super cute with those little curtain ties.
Flowers - I have tons - couple times I got huge lots of them and used only minimal amount - maybe I should use them instead of walpaper ;)
Your card looks cute with that window scene and colorful flowers! I too have a bucketful of primas in all sizes that I rarely ever use! Way to use up your stash.......and Penny is adorable :) In no time you'll be asking yourself, "how have I lived without a dog for so many years?" What was I thinking? :)
This is great! I love the shutters and the window box full of flowers (I think we all have a ton of these!), and the curtains were a wonderful addition! You put all of these to great use! Penny will be wiggling her way into your heart in no time!
I'm so glad to be working with you at ABAC!
This card is awesome!!!!!
Post a Comment