Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2011 365 #044 - spring is here

So I was absolutely elated when I went to the mailbox on my way home from work and saw my prize from the wonderful Opus Gluei gals waiting for me. I couldn't wait to get home and open it (neither could my oldest daughter who ripped that packing tape off as fast as her little fingers could move)! Inside were some super fun items to play with...some stamps, glitter, a dazzle ink pad (which I have wanted to try for sooo long, but couldn't bring myself to pay Michael's prices for) and a really pretty smelling lip balm (which with all this super cold weather was probably more exciting to my chapped lips than the stamps were to my super excited brain!)
I couldn't wait to make something with it all, so I whipped up this card with one of the stamps from the set. I am going to enter it in the Opus Gluei challenge (show us some "New" tricks) because I think it qualifies on many levels: new stamps - the image is covered in the new dazzle ink (but you can't tell by this picture too much) and a new card technique. You can find it here: http://opus-gluei.blogspot.com/ . I have never done a diamond card before, but I stumbled across the instructions here: http://www.making-birthday-cards.com/diamond-fold-card.html - it is super simple and I was already using up my scraps from another card...worked out perfectly in all aspects!
So much fun when there is new stuff to play with! Thank you Jana and Rosemary!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a cool card, and now I need to make one of those! It is dazzling (and not just because of the pretty papers and sparkling ink)!

So glad you enjoyed the package - the lip balm is a little piece of my corner of the world - it is made right here in my tiny town of Woodsboro, Maryland! I have been handing it around to friends and family in the different fragrances and they've loved it too. It was our pleasure to send a little bloggy love to say thank you for playing along with us at Opus Gluei!

Electra said...

Aren't Rosemary and Jana wonderful? You're way ahead of me, you've really made a terrific card with your gifts-I havne't used them yet!!

Jana said...

What a cool fold for a card. I think you have done it perfectly. So happy that you like all of your goodies. It's such a pleasure having you play with us at OPUS GLUEI. Thank you.