Sunday, March 20, 2011

2011 365 #051- spring has sprung

spring has sprung in some parts of the world...here it is just starting to melt, so I guess spring is on the way on it's own time...but there are some great spring challenges out there. I received this umbrella emma from a prize pack that I won and just had to use it...same with the fence...I masked her and did the double stamp so that it looks like one stamp...my girls thought she was cute....I coloured her with my watercolour pencils and crayons...after using the copic markers so much, I thought I might try to go back to my original colouring roots and give them a shot...do like the copic markers sooooo much more....glad I did the investment on those babies! I even pulled out my chalks...yikes...I cut the heart out and covered it in flock for a different look...just experimenting.....I got this paper yesterday in Stonewall at the Scrapyard...she was blowing it out at half price and I couldn't resist a couple of sheets...such pretty colours in it.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Opus gluei (cuz they are my favorite...) spring in paris...this is what i think it may be like there right now...unlike our snowbanks that are all dirty and gross: http://opus-gluei.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-95-springtime-in-paris.html
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

So so cute! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, cute card.
luv
Debby

Jana said...

This card is adorable. Love that little umbrella girl. Your girls are right! (And I hope Spring gets there quickly for you too.)

Awwwwww. You're making me blush. We LOVE you too. I can't thank you enough for brightening our lives the way you do. We are honored to have you play with us at OPUS GLUEI.

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet spring card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Rosemary said...

This is an adorable card - and hear hear for creating a spring-inspired card even when the weather where you are is less than spring-ish. I am sending your warm thoughts, hope it helps!

I go back and forth on what I want to color with, I love the Copics as well but there is something nice about the watercolors too. For this project, I think the chalks and watercolors worked perfectly. I love that you unleashed your creativity with all sorts of techniques and embellishments for this project!

Thank you so much for your kind words about Opus Gluei, we are so blessed to have artists who come back to us again and again to create and share - it makes it lots of fun to think up new challenges, that's for sure! Thanks for participating with us this week!

whoistracy said...

How cute Deena. Love that image you used. Glad you could join us this week on Card Patterns!

Sandy O said...

Your cards are so cute!

I found you through Momo. Isn't this the sweetest thing she is doing for us! :o)

Unknown said...

Momo send me. Love your work!
Cheers

diana creations said...

thats cute card you dii a great job momo sent me

Unknown said...

Your cards and blog are so nice!!!!
Momo sent me
I am now your new follower
If you would like to visit me
http://www.lindaspinkcraftroom.com/

Electra said...

Well, I love it Deena! The colours are great! In response to your question about multi-coloured embossing, that's exactly how you do it. Pour a little bit when you want specific colours, then cover the whole thing with the main colour. At the end, the powders all mix together, but you can use them for your next project.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! I'm even more ready for spring now!!! Momo sent me and I’m your newest follower :)
~ Lu
http://www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com