Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SOS challenge 1 Oldest ribbons 2011 365 #081

This is my submission for my first challenge as a designer for Shopping our Stash The challenge is to use your oldest ribbon or the colour of ribbon that you have the most of. I decided to scrounge up my oldest ribbon that I remembered buying...that was this gigantic roll of teal ribbon that I bought for my wedding in 1994...I bought it to put giant bows on the pews at the church and when we got there to decorate, they said we weren't allowed to put anything up...so I had these giant rolls of super thick plastic-like ribbon and absolutely no projects to use them with...I eventually did a Christmas tree up with them one year and used up lots of it....but the remaining roll became teal flowers cut with nestabilities...the part of the challenge that called for the ribbon that you have the most of one colour...turned into the one with the most of one pattern...polkadots! I have so much polkadot ribbon...why? Who knows? Maybe it is pretty on the roll, but I NEVER use patterned ribbon on my projects...at least if I do, it is very seldom...the ribbon roses were made as well...my youngest is the queen of ribbon roses and she wanted an honourable mention because she made one of the ones on this page....
Come and play with us...I know that you have lots of ribbons to use up!

6 comments:

Lisa - papergrace said...

Love, love, loooove all the ribbon on your scrapbook page! WOWZA! (That's a LOT of ribbon!!) And seriously? Those ribbon roses that your daughter makes are absolutely perfect. Is she for hire? ;)

paige said...

You have lots of fun looking ribbons here! What a stash you must have! Beautiful ribbon flowers too!

Crystal said...

This ribbon looks amazing on your scrapbook page and such a great idea to use up your stash of ribbon! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your ribbon flower too!

Jan said...

A great layout Denna thanks for visiting my blog. My friend Carol just realized if you unclick the box to keep signed in on blogger we can leave comments again Hope this helps xx Jan

Heather said...

love the layout. amazing how the ribbon matches the crown.

Unknown said...

Wow super layout!!!! Love all the ribbons!!!! Great job!!!!