Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Challenge 2 - oldest stamps SOS 2011 365 #084


Welcome to my Shopping Our Stash project for Challenge #2 - using your oldest stamp set...this one is one of my oldest, but I may have even older ones hiding in buckets somewhere. This one is from the Stampin up catalogue from 2003. It is very versatile and I have actually used it tonnes...on this card, I used 6 different stamps from the stamp set with some masking to connect them all. Haven't done much masking lately, but it turned out okay. The bling is all from our local dollarama and the flowers are primas...yes, I broke down and USED my prima flowers..(hear the sobs...). The ribbon has been in my ribbon drawer for so long because it was too pretty to use....not anymore...and the red velvet paper in the background is leftover from a Christmas scrapbook page in 2005...time to use it up! This card measures 4.25" x 11" and does not fit in a standard business size envelope (just fold an 8.5" x 11" paper in half the long way and voila!), even though in my head I thought it would.... Hope you like what you see and will join in with this challenge....plus, we won't really know if it is the "Oldest" stamp you own...so pick an oldie and play along!

5 comments:

CarlaKH said...

I just love this image scene that you made..its so cute. The flowers and bling are the perfect accent too.

paige said...

Sweet card! This stamp set was a classic.

Lisa - papergrace said...

This card turned out BEAUTIFUL!! Love all the bling, ribbon, and roses you added to really make your image & card that much more special.

Crystal said...

This is so adorable!! I honestly thought it was all one stamp, great job on masking!! Glad to hear you're using your stash :)

Davi said...

This is the sweetest little image and really pops on the white!