Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 #3 - no time like the presents

The girls over at the Jingle Belles have an awesome challenge blog and I always say that I am going to play along, but very seldom do I...I love the idea of making all of your Christmas cards before the holiday actually arrives, but the thought of doing anything winter related in this neck of the woods in the summer time actually hurts my feelings...it is usually soooo cold here in the winter, that I don't want to think of snow or cold in the summer...but so far this winter is beautiful...I mean, unheard of beautiful...if winter were always like this, I could understand how people could still make Christmas cards in the summer time...so I am going to try it out this year....the first challenge was NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENTS...this is what I came up with:

nothing too spectacular, but done, nonetheless!

9 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love that lacy trim and those fun buttons ... our winter has been unseasonably warm as well, although the wind is really howling today & I saw a few snowflakes ... so glad you're joining us at jingle belles for 2012.

Nicole said...

nice cosmo cricket stickers that you used!

lauren bergold said...

hey whaddaya mean "NOT spectacular"??!?! an AWESOME image of prezzies, the best (& most appropriate) sentiment imaginable AND that fabbbbbbbulous row of gorgeous, textural, bright, happy, super-fun buttons??!?!?! that's pretty much the definition of ♥SPECTACULAR♥ in my book, missus!!!!!! love it! sooooooo happy you played along, as well... i can not EVER get enough deena cards! :)

Eveline said...

Great card for the challenge. I like the sentiment.
Eveline.

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card and that sentiment is beautiful.xxx

Leslie Hanna said...

YAY, you're gonna play this year!!!! :)

Rosemary said...

nothing too spectacular? What the heck? You're kidding right? This is great, I love the colors, the embellishments, and the sentiment is PERFECT.

Barbara said...

Oh, what a nice way to use all those different buttons. Gotta sit down and try, too!

Marie Bingaman said...

I love the buttons on this one...they make a nice transition. :)