Warnings
City of Winnipeg
4:14 AM CST Thursday 19 January 2012
Wind chill warning for
City of Winnipeg continued
Wind chill values between minus 40 and minus 45 over most of Southern Manitoba this morning and overnight.
This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.
Cold Arctic air combined with westerly winds of 15 to 30 km/h will create wind chill values in the -40 to -45 range this morning. Wind chill values are expected to moderate slightly this afternoon but then fall back into the minus forties over most of Southern Manitoba tonight.
At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes.
brrrr...I think tonight may be the perfect night to stay in and make cards...now if only I didn't have to work first....this said with teeth chattering...stay warm everybody!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
brrr - I'm getting cold by just reading this ;)
We have -10 and I'm complaining about cold... but then, this is Southern Ontario
Post a Comment