Sunday, January 29, 2012
2012 365 #34 - birds of a feather flock together
this week's challenge set up by the Poohbahs at the Opus Gluei is birds, birdcages and birdhouses...I do not like birds, but I had this pretty paper hiding in my room for a while, so as soon as I read the challenge I knew that I wanted to use it up...I made the metal accents myself with the cuttlebug and some alcohol ink...so cool...the metal was scrap that came off of some magnets...loved doing this technique...also debossed the little copper circles...come on out and join in with us this week, will ya?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
This card is magnificent. I am in awe of your metal accents. Perfect. You are a real trooper, and get the Bravery award this week.
Oh, this is cool. I love that it is chock full of some pretty eye catching and sophisticated techniques as well! You're such a good sport to go along with the theme considering your dislike of the feathered creatures.
I'm with Jana on this one, Deena, this is MAGNIFICANT! Wow, you've really made some cool embellies here and the paper is perfect for it. My phobic heart goes out to you, girlfriend, heaven forbid a Poobah comes up with a spider challenge. Cus I could NOT do it!
Birdies are my favourite and I know you hate them (with good reason)
But you have been such a brave girl to do this project (you've told me about some of your less than delightful experiences with the bird population.)
I think your card is wonderful and the gorgeous metal work overlaid with the gossamer like feather is artist genius Deena!
Gini
xx
I like how you worked this challenge even though you aren't a fan of the feathered sort! Great job! Those bird cage images are so cool! Love the colors of this, and that raffia treatment is a lovely touch!
well you know I love this paper, I'm intrigued with the metal, i must learn this technique
que belo cartão!
gostei do titulo!
I love this paper too..... and I'm keen to know more about the metal things from your cuttlebug. I love mine, but I know I dont make enough use of it.
And I'm with Electra......if one of you comes up with a spidery challenge, I may have to give up for that week!!
Post a Comment